CSBK have announced preliminary adjustments for the schedule for this afternoon’s National and support motorcycle road race events at Grand Bend Motorplex, ON.
The track is currently damp due to showers, although the circuit is expected to dry later in the afternoon.
Due to this situation, the preliminary session of the afternoon, Liqui Moly Pro Sport Bike Qualifying, has been suspended. In place of the Q session, a practice will be offered to Liqui Moly Pro Sport Bike racers to assess the track conditions and available traction.
This practice session means that if there is further rain during this weekend’s program, the Liqui Moly Pro Sport Bike class has had the opportunity to try the wet surface, and no further wet running will be required prior to a final National race.
The current plan would also include using this morning’s practice session times to set the grid for Liqui Moly Pro Sport Bike, although a final decision about how to establish the grid for Sunday’s race has yet to be made.
The rest of the afternoon’s sessions for each class will be conducted based on track conditions at the time, with a ruling prior to each session based on an assessment of the situation.
If the track is wet for the Mopar Pro Superbike session and Dalton Timmis Insurance SuperPole, that session will be delayed to the end of the day if conditions permits, and otherwise moved to Sunday morning.
Today’s two scheduled races, RACE Mopar Express Lane Lightweight Production Regional and the National Amateur Lightweight Sport Bike category will also move to later in the program if dry conditions are more likely.